APCOA’s parking and security credentials in the healthcare sector are second to none in the industry. We currently manage more than 16,000 hospital parking spaces and provide parking and security services for 18 healthcare clients, with numbers growing all the time.
APCOA offers the NHS and other healthcare providers a wide range of management and infrastructure capability in car parking and security. We have developed a suite of products and services for the healthcare sector, providing intelligent, cost-effective solutions to the parking, mobility and security challenges that face healthcare providers. We can help with:
- Risk assessment/planning
- Manned security
- Mobile response
- CCTV monitoring
- Patient watch
- Specialised portering
- Lost property
- Short-term additional resource
- Access control and ID systems
- 24/7 car park management
- Traffic control
- Mobile patrol services
- PCN management and enforcement
- Fault management reporting and job dispatch
- Permit management self-service portals (Staff, Disabled parking, Taxi, Car share, Concessions)
- Payment platform options
- Cash collection and handling
- Environmental consultancy and reporting
- Car park DBF (Design, Build and Finance)
- DBFO (Design, Build, Finance and Operate)
- Car park refurbishment
- CCTV control room design
- ANPR services – fixed, mobile or temporary
- Barrier control
- EV charging
- Front-line maintenance
- Equipment replacement and repairs
As a client of APCOA, you benefit from:
- High quality national Customer Service Centre, based in Wigan
- 24/7 CCTV Control Room contingency support, based in Sheffield
- Flexible technology system solutions
- Bespoke management reporting
- Combined car parking management and security services
- Accreditation to multiple quality standards
- Multi-skilled teams, with SIA-approved and healthcare-specific training plans
APCOA is an approved supplier on a number of framework agreements that apply to NHS and healthcare bodies and which simplify and accelerate the procurement process. See our Framework Agreements for more information.
When implementing combined parking and security services for a client, APCOA operates to multiple minimum standards, including the Security Industry Authority (SIA) Approved Contractor Scheme. See accreditations for more information.
To find out more, drop us an email at uksales[at]apcoa.com
"APCOA won a competitive tender to provide a Security and Parking Managed Service for Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust which commenced in April 2020.
Despite being in a national lockdown due to Covid-19, APCOA mobilised a contract, including a number of significant alterations from the previous contract, and managed this largely remotely and with a seamless transition from the incumbent and no disruptions to the service."
"APCOA was an unknown provider to the Trust and were awarded based on their quality tender submission and attention to detail. Since they have assumed responsibility for providing Security and Parking services at our Large Acute Trust, many stakeholders have commented on the positive shift in both performance and approach to partnership working with the Trust, and we are looking forward to the further planned improvements over the coming years once Covid-19 restrictions are eased."
Ron Gregory, Trust Security Manager, Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
"APCOA is one of our most trusted partners. They provide exceptional service levels and helped us realize a tailored solution that makes the most of our car park facilities. The virtual staff parking platform they introduced is convenient to use for our 700+ staff parkers and will allow us to re-deploy administration resources back into the Hospital."
Steve Morgan, Director of Support Services, Bedford Hospital NHS
"APCOA have delivered beyond what they stated they would. We have also been able to generate a fluid and flexible working relationship with the company’s management which was not evident with any of our previous service providers."
Barry Harper, Health & Safety Manager, Luton & Dunstable University Hospital