APCOA has worked in close partnership with Lambeth for the past four years, providing high quality parking enforcement services. In 2019 APCOA adapted and expanded the service to introduce environmental enforcement and has partnered with Lambeth on key initiatives to help improve the local environment, such as tackling idling vehicles and Blue Badge misuse.
Of course, this year has been exceptional, with the COVID-19 pandemic providing all local authorities with so many unforeseen challenges. APCOA is proud that the response from all our colleagues working for Lambeth was flexible, positive and proactive, and they supported the Council to deliver a very wide range of services outside their normal working roles. This support included activities such as:
- Patrolling town centres and markets advising on social distancing
- Delivering Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to care homes, businesses, and clinics
- Working at Cemeteries, Recycling centres and COVID testing sites
- Aiding food banks and preparing food packages
- Delivering residents’ permits and vouchers to local people who could not leave their homes or premises
- Working with the Council’s Parks team, advising the public and enforcing social distancing requirements
- Delivering office equipment to Lambeth council staff to support them working from home
Receiving such a long contract extension from Lambeth Council is recognition of the effort that APCOA puts in to delivering outstanding levels of expertise and customer service.
Neil Fenton, Assistant Director Parking, Street Management & Commercial Neighbourhoods at London Borough of Lambeth, said:
“The support provided by APCOA this year in particular has been phenomenal, but they have also helped to make a significant improvement to the performance of parking and environmental services as a whole over the past four years.
“The team is versatile and supported by high quality management who are continually looking for new ways to evolve their service offering.
“Lambeth looks forward to working in partnership with APCOA for another four years, to explore new initiatives and to continue to provide a gold standard service to residents and visitors to the borough.”