7.) Right of Cancellation
10.) Force majeure
11.) Applicable law and venue
12.) Other regulations
APCOA Parking (UK) Limited (‘APCOA’ or ‘We’).
4 - 10 Cowley Road,
Middlesex UB8 2XW
Registered in England and Wales with company number: 2572947
VAT Number GB 726 9410 24
1.1. Ordering parking at seasontickets.apcoa.co.uk will result in an agreement between the customer and APCOA PARKING (UK) Limited.
1.2. The parking space in the parking area will be unspecified.
1.3. APCOA Parking (UK) Limited can be contacted at: APCOA Parking (UK) Limited, PO Box 1010, Uxbridge UB8 2XW. Phone: 0345 222 2100; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2.1. The customer can make a booking for parking online at seasontickets.apcoa.co.uk
2.2. Our website contains a large number of different season tickets. It is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the season tickets on our website may be accidentally, incorrectly priced. If we discover an error in the price of the season ticket that you have ordered online, we will contact you to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the season ticket at the correct price or cancelling your Order. We will not process your Order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the Order process, we will treat the Order as cancelled and notify you in writing by post or email. If we mistakenly accept and process your Order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may cancel the supply of the season ticket and refund to you any sums that you have paid to us in respect of that Order.
2.3. If you place an Order online, you will be making an “offer” to us to purchase a Season Ticket. After placing your Order, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received your Order. Please note that this does not mean that your Order has been accepted. All Orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we shall confirm our acceptance to you by dispatching your Season Ticket to you. Your contract with us will only be formed when we dispatch your Season Ticket.
2.4 If you are contracting as a consumer (i.e. you are not making this contract in the course of business), you may cancel the contract at any time within fourteen days, beginning the day after you received your Season Ticket or, in the case of a renewal, the day after your Season Ticket is renewed. If you decide to cancel your contract, you will receive a full refund of the price paid by you for your Season Ticket less any days used. To cancel the contract, you must inform us in writing at APCOA Parking (UK) Limited, Season Ticket Department, Customer Service Centre, Wellington House, 4-10 Cowley road, Uxbridge UB8 2XW and return the Season Ticket (If a physical Season Ticket was issued) to us immediately, in the same condition in which you received it and at your own cost and risk. Please note that this right to a refund does not affect your statutory rights.
3.1. A fee is paid for purchasing Season Ticket. The amount depends on the type of Season Ticket selected.
3.2. Payment by credit/debit card requires entering the card number, expiration date and security code.
4.1. The price is quoted in GBP (£) incl. VAT.
4.2. Prices are subject to change. We may increase our Season Ticket prices from time to time. We will notify you in writing either by post or email if our prices will increase in respect of the following Period. You can decide whether to allow your contract to renew for a new Period. You may then either:
(i) give us notice in writing that you wish to cancel your contract; or
(ii) do nothing, in which case the payment taken in respect of any subsequent Period will be increased in line with our price increase and your Season Ticket renewed for a further Period.
5.1 If the customer wishes to renew their pre-paid quarterly, 6-monthly or annual ticket, it is their responsibility to contact APCOA directly, at least 14-days prior to the expiry of the pre-paid parking period, in order to make sure access is not interrupted and/or to avoid the possibility of receiving a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) at non-barrier access car parks
5.2 The ticket is only valid once it has been paid for. If payment is by CPA (Continuous Payment Authority), the ticket only becomes valid for the next monthly period after payment has been received as cleared funds by APCOA.
5.3 If the season ticket is a monthly recurring ticket, APCOA will inform the customer by post or email at least 14-days before any price increase will take effect. The new rate will apply from the start of the next renewal period, as long as this is at least 14-days after the customer has been sent notice of the increase.
5.4 If payment is not made by the date it is due, then APCOA may withdraw the ability to use the ticket to access the car park with the registered vehicle. If access is withdrawn, the customer may still enter the car park and pay the standard car park tariffs as displayed at the time of parking/entry. Failure to pay parking charges for a vehicle that is not displaying a valid parking permit means the customer may receive a PCN.
6.1 The customer will get no refund for any days when the car park is not available or not used by the customer during the period they have paid for.
6.2 At non-barrier entry car parks, the car park permit (or temporary 7-day permit) must be clearly displayed at all times in the vehicle for which it has been issued.
6.3 Where applicable, Season Ticket holders may only park in the designated parking areas for which they have been issued a pass card or permit.
6.4 If the customer loses the Season Ticket or it is damaged, they will need to pay an administration fee of £25 for a replacement. The Season Ticket remains the property of APCOA at all times.
6.5 This season ticket or permit does not guarantee the customer a parking space nor is a parking space reserved for or allocated to them. Parking is on a first come first served basis. Although such reserved spaces may be available at some APCOA car parks, these have to be purchased through a separate application process.
6.6 Unless the customer has opted to allow APCOA to use their personal information to contact you with other products, the personal information collected in this form will only be used by APCOA to administer the regular renewal of the ticket.
6.7 Neither we or our servants or agents accept liability in respect of any damage to, loss or theft of or from your vehicle while on our property.
6.8 You must drive carefully and strictly observe any speed limits.
6.9 You must comply with all directions and signs from time to time posted in the Car Park and all instructions or requests given or made from time to time by our employees, servants or agents (including Apcoa) for regulating traffic and controlling the positioning of Vehicles in the Car Park.
6.10 You must not
- park in a no parking area;
- park on a double yellow line;
- park other than in a designated parking bay;
- park in a time restricted waiting area for a period in excess of the allowed time;
- park in a disabled bay without displaying the required current valid badge;
- park across two parking bays; or
- park in an area reserved for emergency Vehicles. I have read and I understand the Conditions of Parking that are displayed at the car park and I agree that they apply to my use of the car park. I agree that my ticket gives me only a limited licence to be on the car park for the purpose of parking in accordance with the Conditions of Parking that are displayed. I accept that I have no other interest in the Car Park.
7. RIGHT OF CANCELLATION
The customer must pay for the first period in advance by credit/debit card. The next payment is due on or before the ticket renewal date. Season Tickets are available for periods of one, three, six and twelve months.
If the ticket is renewable monthly, such tickets must be paid for by either Direct Debit (DD) or Continuous Payment Authority (CPA). If it is a quarterly, 6-monthly or annual ticket, it must be pre-paid in full on each anniversary of the start date and can be paid for by CPA or DD or credit/debit card.
If the ticket is:
- for a single month only, there will be no refund for the remaining days if the ticket is cancelled part way through a month. This type of ticket is non-transferable. The customer must hand the pass card or permit back to the car park at the time of cancellation or post it back to an authorised address if applicable. Please note that it will not be a valid surrender unless and until it has been received by us, so you should make sure that you send it as a ‘signed for’ item.
- a monthly or quarterly recurring ticket, the customer must provide one (1) calendar month notice to cancel the Season Ticket. There will be no refund for the remaining days if the customer cancels the ticket part way through a month. This type of ticket is non-transferable. If the customer does not give the required notice period, any DD or CPA in place will continue to be collected and either a new permit will be issued or the car park equipment will be updated to allow my pass card access for my renewed period of parking. In such a case, the new permit or continuation of the pass access will need to be cancelled as set out earlier. The customer must hand the ticket or permit back to the car park at the time of cancellation or post it back to an authorised address if applicable. Please note that it will not be a valid surrender unless and until it has been received by us, so you should make sure that you send it as a ‘signed for’ item.
- a quarterly or 6-monthly ticket, payments are pre-paid in advance of the start date of the selected parking period. This type of ticket is non-transferable. The customer understands that they need to give at least one (1) months’ notice of cancellation and that any refund amount will be calculated based on the number of complete months remaining after the end of that notice period. The customer accepts that no refund will be processed, and the notice period will not start to run, until the customer has returned the ticket to the car park.
- an annual ticket, payments are pre-paid in advance of the start date of the selected parking period. This type of ticket is significantly cheaper than the other durations. It includes a free period of the last three months of the period purchased. This type of ticket is non-transferable. The customer understands that they need to give at least one (1) months’ notice of cancellation and that any refund amount will be calculated based on the number of complete months remaining between the end of that notice period and the start of the free period. The customer understands that this means that if they cancel during the last three months of the period they will get no refund as they are cancelling the period for which they have not paid or been charged. The customer accepts that no refund will be processed, and the notice period will not start to run, until they have returned the ticket to the car park.
All complaints should be directed to APCOA Parking UK Limited, PO Box 1010, Uxbridge UB8 2XW. Phone: 0345 222 2100; Email: email@example.com
9.1 We will use reasonable skill and care in providing you with your Season Ticket and performing our other obligations under the contract. However our responsibility to you is limited and we will only be responsible to you as set out below.
9.2 We are responsible for any death or personal injury arising from our, our servants’ or our agents’ negligence. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude that liability.
9.3 We shall be responsible for direct loss of or damage to your property which arises as a result of our negligence or dishonesty, or our servants’ or agents’ negligence or dishonesty.
9.4 Where you are contracting as a consumer or a business we accept no responsibility to you for any of the following types of loss which you may suffer as a result of your use of your Season Ticket:
(i) loss which was not foreseeable to you or us when we entered into the contract (even if that loss results from our failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions or our negligence);
(ii) any business loss you may suffer, including loss of revenue, profits or anticipated savings (whether those losses are the direct or indirect result of our default;
(iii) loss which you suffer other than as a result of our failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions or our negligence or breach of statutory duty.
9.5 Where you are contracting as a business we also accept no responsibility to you for loss of profit or other economic loss (direct or indirect), indirect or consequential loss or damage, costs, expenses or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (howsoever caused) which arises out of or in connection with the contract, or for any liability incurred by you to any other person for any economic loss, claim for damages or awards howsoever arising.
10. FORCE MAJEURE
10.1. If delivery of the service is delayed or prevented as a result of unforeseen circumstances which APCOA Parking (UK) Limited have no control of, including but not limited to war, mobilization, acts of terrorism (including threats of such), fire, strikes, boycotts, blockades and lockouts (including among staff at any of its Car Park), closure or natural disasters will the delivery time be postponed in the corresponding calendar days.
10.2. APCOA Parking (UK) Limited cannot be held responsible in cases of force majeure.
11. APPLICABLE LAW AND VENUE
This contract shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law. If you are a consumer, then you may have rights to bring court proceedings in the courts of the country in which you are domiciled. Otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law, you and we shall bring all court proceedings in the courts of England.
12. OTHER REGULATIONS
APCOA Parking (UK) Limited can at any time revise the above terms and conditions for parking at Season Ticket Car Park by updating this page